bottle caps/ping pong balls (or some object that floats)
chart of the alphabet PDF
Make the “Fish”
- Take the bottle caps/ping pong balls and write one letter of the alphabet on each with a permanent marker.
- Tape a paper clip to each bottle cap/ping pong ball.
Make the Fishing Pole
- Find a long thin stick for a fishing pole.
- Tie a string with a magnet on the end of the pole (recycled magnets from business cards or promotions work well).
- Fill a bucket/pool with water and place the “fish” in the bucket/pool (water is optional).
- Have your daughter “Go Fishing” for letters.
- When she “catches” one, have her identify the letter and place it on the chart PDF.You can use this to reinforce the letters she knows and add a few new ones. She might have so much fun that she’ll keep throwing the letters back in to do it again.