ABC Dominoes is played just like dominoes but with letters. Match the upper case letters to the lower case letters.
dominoes or old business cards
print out of letters of the alphabet word doc or PDF
2 sets upper case
2 sets lower case
Make the Dominoes
- Print out the letters of the alphabet. Print 2 sets of upper case letters and 2 sets of lower case letters.
You can change the font and the color if you wish (word doc). Changing the font helps your child realize that the letters can look a little different.
- Cut the letters out.
- Using regular dominoes or old business cards, tape two different letters to each domino/business card.
For letters that can be confusing as to their direction, be sure to put a line under the letter so your child knows which way the letter sits.
How to Play Dominoes
- Start with all the dominoes facing down and have each player select 5 dominoes.
- The youngest player selects a domino to start with and places it in the center of the table.
- The next player must attach a domino on either end that matches the first domino. If they can’t match one, they pick up another domino.
- Turns are continued until no one can match any letters or all the dominoes have been picked up.
- This can be played in a number of ways.
Match the same letter for
- the upper case letters to lower case only.
- the upper case letters to upper case only.
- the lower case letters to lower case only.
- or either case (upper and lower).
You son can also just match the dominoes up making fun paths with them.