My son made these candle holders many years ago and the still look great! They are easy for even the youngest children.
- clean glass container, empty jar or vase
- white glue and water mixed equally
- paint brush
- tissue paper
- wax paper
- Mod Podge (optional – but it gives a nice shine to the surface)
- Show your child how to “paint” a small area of the container then put a piece of tissue paper on it and paint over it with the glue mixture.
- Have them cut or tear the tissue into small pieces to make them easier to work with.
- Cover the whole container with one layer of tissue paper makes a splendid effect when a candle is added.
- Place on a piece of waxed paper to dry. If you use newspaper, it will stick, depending on how much “paint” your child used.
- When it is completely dry, paint it with Mod Podge to finish it.
- You’ll want to put the date on the bottom so you’ll remember when this artwork was done.
- Add a candle and viola – festive and beautiful! You’ll have this to enjoy for years.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Stain Glass Candle Holders,