We made kaleidoscopes and they became kazoos! We paraded them down the hall as Kazoo-i-scopes!
To make the kaleidoscopes you’ll need:
- a paper towel roll
- a plastic sheet protector (cut into 8″x4″ then measure off 1 1/4″ three times and the last 1/4″. Fold the shape into a triangle and use the last 1/4″ as a tab on the outside).
- black construction paper (approximately 4″x4″)
- assorted beads and sequins or glitter
- piece of plastic wrap (approximately 8″x4″)
- piece of waxed paper (approximately 4″x4″)
- rubber band
- Take the plastic sheet protector that has been cut and folded into a triangle and insert it into the paper towel roll and put a piece of tape to hold it in place.
- Place the plastic wrap over the end and tuck the plastic into the triangle to make a small pouch.
- Pour some beads, sequins or glitter into the pouch.
- Cover with the waxed paper so it overlaps the end and secure with a rubber band.
- Tape or rubber band the piece of black tape on the opposite end and poke a hold in the center with a pencil.
- Now time to decorate the outside.
- Looking up to the light and slowly turn it and see the delightful colors!