Using food to represent the layers of the earth or rainbows or celebrations of colors, is fun and easy! There are tons of recipes on line but I decided to use:
- Cool Whip
- food coloring
- vanilla wafers
- chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
- cut up fruit
- rainbow sherbet
Steps to build:
- Start with 2-5 vanilla wafers. Seal them in a Zip-loc bag and have your students crush them.
- Put some or all of the wafer pieces into the cup.
- In 2 separate bowls have your students mix 1/4 c. of vanilla pudding with food coloring. Then put a layer of one color into their cup.
- They may choose to put some chocolate chips, coconut flakes or wafers as a layer on top of the pudding.
- Put the other layer of pudding on top, being careful not to mix the two layers.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and top with Cool Whip.
My students loved creating them, although they were able to resist mixing up the colors and the coconut and the chocolate chips! Y-u-m-m-y!!